Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Me First" week two!

Missed my "Me First" post? Check it out here:

Me First And That's OK!

It's week two of feeling the "Me First," vibe and I am still trying to find balance. I spent Labor Day Weekend fulfilling a promise that took me two years to make good on. I visited one of my band babies at her college. We had so much fun it makes me wonder why I didn't do that before now?

My "Me First," for today? Rather than get up and kick into gear with house cleaning and getting dinner figured out along with other things, I went to the gym. It was a slow start. I didn't make it much last week so I was feeling it today.

1/2 mile on treadmill and a solid lower body workout with weights. My current leg press is 180lbs. At the height of my personal trainer time last year I was consistently doing 245-270lbs  per workout. I need to get my weights built back up there.

My goal is to get some more walking in today with my favorite walk away the pounds DVD and I had an on point low carb breakfast with 2 eggs over medium, sliced avocado and some Hilltop Meats hand-smoked sausage, extra spicy.

I will update this post if I get the additional walking done. Any comments of encouragement are greatly appreciated as well as comments sharing what you're doing to get healthier!

Weigh day is Friday!

*Edited to add just finished walking 3 miles for an overall 3.6miles today.

*Edited to add food for the day.
2 eggs, 4pcs smoked pork sausage, 1 avocado, 2 bubba burgers with cheese, sauteed spinach with garlic and olive oil.





4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're rocking it! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April! The blog is one way to stay accountable! I gotta stay away from the Newk's Q Monday night! lol.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry I just read this today. I just want to thank you for your blog. I just found out that I have type II Diabetes and I am not happy about it. I have to learn a whole new way to eat and I believe your blog will be helpful. I have to eat less carbs and more protein so I will be reading this more often. Thank you for the blog and Thank you for just doing it. I love ya baby girl...

    ReplyDelete