Wednesday, October 29, 2014

So that's how they elliptical in Syria? I LIKE it!

Met a new friend at the gym, today. I normally do not talk much to folks who are working out because most of us are doing all we can not to cuss, cry, pee, puke or fart as we work out. This takes a lot of concentration, and I try to do unto others and all. In other words, leave me alone lol. But I had seen her before. The elliptical and the stationary bike are side by side. I've  noticed this little petite lady sometimes who gets on that elliptical with headphones on and goes as hard as she can but instead of using the arm thingys, she dances with her upper body. And I mean like REALLY GETS DOWN! Much like this girl:





The video above is not her but the moves are pretty much the same. So today she jumps on a stationary bike next to me and introduces herself. Instantly I notice the accent and she tells me she is from Syria. I then told her how much I admired her freedom of expression on the elliptical and we both cracked up. Her name is Hadiya and we ended up talking everything from kids to mother in laws. I found out I could be working out and sweating like a Hebrew slave while carrying on a conversation that was more than grunts on my part, today. Thanks to Hadiya! She was super nice and I have seen her almost daily for the last couple of weeks so it was cool that she struck up a conversation with me.

On to my last couple of work outs.

When I first joined the gym I worked with a personal trainer for about 6 weeks and my highest leg press was 270lbs. I am pretty excited to be pressing 260lbs with no trainer this time. My goal is to get to 270 by next week sometime.


10/28/14

Leg extensions: 3 sets/50lbs/12 reps
Leg curl: 3sets/50lbs/12 reps
Adductor/inner thigh: 3 sets/60lbs/15 reps
Abductor/outer thigh: 3 sets/60lbs/15 reps
Leg press: 5 sets/180lbs/200lbs/220lbs/240lbs/260lbs/12reps
15 mins at level 4 on stationary bike
15 mins at level 4 on elliptical

10/29/14

 Chest press: 3 sets of 12 reps @ 50lbs
Vertical traction: 3 sets of 12 reps @ 70lbs
Pec deck: 3 sets of 12 reps @ 60lbs
Seated row: 3 sets of 12 reps @ level 8
Shoulder press: 3 sets of 12 reps @ level 6
Biceps curl:3 sets of 12 reps @ level  6
Triceps press:3 sets of 12 reps @ level  9
Ab crunch: 3 sets of 15 reps @ level 10
 15 mins at level 4 on stationary bike
15 mins at level 4 on elliptical 
Haven't been doing much cooking but when I do I will be posting recipes again. 
If you're reading this, be encouraged, if I can do this, you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment