Monday, October 20, 2014

Broke 200 on the leg press

I wish I knew how time would go by so fast when I'm not posting and so slow the rest of the time?

I.

Don't.

Know.

What I do know is I really pushed myself on my workout this AM. I think if I start listing what I am doing daily then I will be better about blogging.

I work out at the Panama City Health Club and Spa. I really like it. The equipment stays unbroken and usable, the hours are great, the classes offered are varied and I am treated well by the staff.

My current goal has been to re-lose the 30lbs I lost in the summer of 2013. I got down 27 of those lbs a couple of weeks ago and got a little slack with my eating and am sitting at 21/30lbs lost. Dangit.


As some of you know I have been having some foot issues and the podiatrist said stop treadmill and running. I was pretty excited that I had actually started running so this was a bit of a blow. He recommended the stationary bike and the elliptical. Also anything very low impact but still aerobic. So bike and elliptical it is. I had always been intimidated by the elliptical but once it became one of very few options I got over it and actually like it. I do highly recommend it if you need to avoid high impact activity and have foot issues. I plug in my headphones, watch something entertaining on the TV screen and 30mins goes by fast.

My leg workout today:

5 sets of 12 reps on the leg press
set 1 @ 160lbs
set 2 @ 180lbs
set 3 @ 200lbs
set 4 @ 220lbs
set 5 @ 240lbs

3 sets of 12 reps on leg press at 60lbs each

 3 sets of 12 reps on leg curl at 40lbs each

3 sets of 15 reps on inner thigh machine at 60lbs each

 3 sets of 15 reps on outer thigh machine at 70lbs each

 15 minutes on stationary bike at level 4

15 minutes on elliptical at level 4


That's about it for today. If you are still watching this blog for recipes I will be posting some more of those soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment