Sunday, August 10, 2014

Recipe Review: Chipotle Wings

Chipotle Wings

Chipotle wings





Chipotle Wing Sauce

2-3 cloves garlic
Juice from one lemon
2-3 (or 4 if ya want it super spicy!) chipotle chiles in adobo + 2tablespoons adobo sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Put all in food processor or blender and blend until combined then drizzle in 1/2 stick melted butter or 1/4 cup good evoo while blending. Toss with 2lbs grilled wings.

I usually use 3 chipotle's, cilantro and evoo.

The recipe above is just as I got it from the girl who posted it.



These are my own notes:

the adobo sauce was so thick I could not get 2 tbsp out of it. I really liked the flavor of the adobo sauce so I wish I could have gotten more out of it.

The flavor was intense with heat but not flaming hot..... I would toss the wings in the sauce while the wings are still hot. They seemed to coat differently if the wings cooled some before I got them in the sauce. (I had three different kids of sauce going so I got delayed getting the wings into the sauce right away sometimes) 

Still tasted good dipping these wings in ranch or bleu cheese like regular Frank's sauce.

The recipe does not make a whole lot of sauce but the girl who posted this said she can toss 2lbs of wings in what this recipe makes. 



Chipotle wings

Chipotle wings

Chipotle wings

Chipotle wings

No comments:

Post a Comment